What's In My Bag : Beach Bag Edition12:47:00 AM
About two weeks ago I went to the beach with my family. I didn't play in the sea because (as usual) it was a scorching hot day. We remain under the shaded trees for the whole afternoon. Nonetheless, I bring with me some of the essentials that I found quite useful for a day at the beach, so here it is ...
First of all, my choice of bag is this pretty pink ikat bag from Payless that I scored on a discount for only IDR 80.000 !! < insert grin here >. It's a nice cute bag and very lightweight so I think it's perfect for the beach because you don't want to be carrying an already heavy bag with lots of metal hardwares or heavy handles. The woven material of this bag also makes it perfect for the beach because I shouldn't be worried about the sand ruining my leather bag, etc.
As you can see from above photo, I brought quite a few things with me. First of all, the must-have which is a bottle of water. Can you see my purple water bottle peeking through from the bag? I know you can buy drinks on the beach but having a bottle is way easier because you don't have to get in line at the stall to get some drinks.
Second of all, a super-sized pashmina. You'll never know when you might need it. A pashmina is another must-have item for the beach. You can use it as a sarong or to cover up your bikini/swimwear, or you can use it to cover your hair from the salty sea breeze, or you can use it to cover your head and your face from the sun, or to cover your shoulders incase it's getting windier and colder, or you can even use it as a beach mat to sit in the sand. Overall, it's a multi-functional item. By the way, I got this pretty equestrian pattern scarf as a birthday gift from my cousin last year and it's one of my favorite scarf.
One more thing, if you have long hair don't forget to bring some hair fastener or scrunchie or whatever to help keep your hair out of your face if the wind grew stronger, or to just simply save you from an over-sweating neck, LOL. My bright sunflower hair tie is from ebay, while my hair clip is from Art Kea.
The next thing on my bag which is also a must-have item for the beach is a Sunglasses, and some UV protection. My sunglasses is from H&M, and the floral sunglasses case is from Daiso. My choice of UV protection is the Nivea UV Extra Whitening Body Lotion with SPF 15 which is also my new favorite along with the Nivea Night Whitening Body Serum which I have reviewed yesterday.
Now, on to the more interesting part. I carried three different pouches in my bag. I always tend to carry different pouches in my bag to keep my things organized instead of just putting all of them into the deepness of my bag. That way I can find what I need without trying to rummage all the cluttered things inside my bag.
I usually carry two pouches everyday, one is my "makeup bag" which carries makeup incase I need to touch up. The other pouch is my "daily essentials" bag containing items that I might need. This time, aside from my two pouches I also carried another pouch containing "extra items" which would be useful for a day at the beach.
First pouch is my "Makeup Bag" (photo above) which is a gold Marc Jacobs Daisy pouch. Inside it are the makeup products I'm wearing that day so I can do some touch-ups if needed. The products are:
- Menard Blotting Paper
- Givenchy Double-sided Compact Mirror
- The Body Shop Cheek Colors in #02
- MUA Intense Kisses High Intensity Gloss in Lips Are Sealed
- Burts Bees Lip Balm with Vitamin E & Peppermint
- Caring Colors Moisturize Rich Lip Color in Brown Sugar
- Ishine Lipstick in Rose Belle
The second pouch is my "Daily Essentials" pouch which includes items that I know I need on daily basis. The pouch I'm using right now is from L'Occitane and the items included in it are:
- Bath & Body Works Anti-Bac Hand Gel in Paris Amour (anti-bacs are a must-have for me!)
- The Body Shop Hand Cleanse Gel in Satsuma (this is almost empty so that's why I brought 2 hand bacs instead, just incase this one is finished)
- L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
- Fresh Care Aromatherapy Roll-On in Lemon (for my nausea problem)
- Tissue in floral container
- Nano-Nano Flavor Candy (another must-have for me. I always bring hot/spicy candy to overcome my nausea)
And last but not least, the third pouch a.k.a my "Extra Items" pouch that I used to carry some extra products that functions as beach essentials. The pouch I'm using is a transparent pouch that I got from Givenchy, and the items inside it are:
- Shikada Facial Wipes (because I don't have face spray so I use this instead to freshen up my face)
- Supergoop Everyday Sunscreen Lotion with SPF30 (incase I decided to take a plunge in the sea because this one is waterproof while the Nivea one does not).
- Clarins Day Screen High Protection SPF 40 (for face protection)
- Stila Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30 in shade Medium (for touch-ups incase I played in the water and needed to redo my makeup)
- Bath & Body Works Frosted Snowberry Body Spray (if I need something to freshen up)
- Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Perfume Vial (if I need something stronger than a body spray to freshen up after a long day at the beach)
- HQ7 Lively Floral Hair Milk (hair freshener)
That's all guys... !
Next post would be an OOTD post about what I wore to the beach, so stay tune and/or subscribe to this blog if you haven't already! ^_^
Hugs and Kissies,