[SKINCARE] Routine #0023:14:00 PM
I've been changing my skincare routine quite a lot lately because I figured I have combination skin that has a mind of its own, really... because every day my skin would feel different. It's like my skin has it's own mind. For example, it can change from "normal/dry" into "oily & congested" the next day, and then a few days later it would change again to "normal with large pores" (*labil). I'm not sure what causing it, maybe because the weather and the food I ate, but all I know is my skin's condition can change every time. So I figured I need to change my skincare regimen according to what my skin needs that day. Hence, the always-changing skincare formula ...
If you follow my Instagram ( please follow @yurikristia if you haven't :p ), you would see that I posted my skincare routine every time I changed it up with different products. It's like keeping my personal #skincarediary on my instagram account. You are welcome to follow my IG if you care to see what kind of products I used for different skin condition :)
Anyway, here is one of my latest skincare regimen that includes new skincare steps that I recently learned from the skincare guru Caroline Hirons. These are skincare routines from last week when my skin was feeling normal that day :
AM Routine :
- I wash my face with Clarins Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel (one of my fave morning cleanser, this is already my 2nd tube!).
- Then I took time to exfoliate by using Skin Lab Gently Vita Exfoliator (reviewed Here).
- Extra treatment with my weekly mask, this time I'm using L'Occitane Instant Hydration Mask (it's a 3 minutes mask! - reviewed here).
- After removing the mask I spritzed on Alila Living Hydrating Face Mist to re-hydrate my skin.
- Then I put on some essence, my favorite is the Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence which has niacinamide (vit B) which is great for anti-aging and help with pigmentation.
- To boost my skincare I'm using a serum, this time I'm using MakeUp Forever High Definition Elixir (Instant Radiance & Hydration Serum) which works great under makeup.
- Followed with a moisturizer. Here I'm using Himalaya Herbals Clear Complexion Whitening Day Cream that has UV protection (reviewed here).
- Lastly I sealed it all off with my current favorite oil which is the Juara Radiance Vitality Oil (reviewed here).
- Extra : Lip hydration with Himalaya Herbals Cocoa Butter Lip Balm.
PM Routine :
- First up, remove my makeup with Shu Uemura WhiteEfficient Clear Brightening Cleansing Oil (reviewed here).
- Followed with a 2nd cleanse with The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash (always do double cleansing -even triple cleansing if needed- if you wear makeup that day).
- Re-hydrate skin with Alila Living Hydrating Face Mist (your skin might be parched after the double cleansing).
- Continue with Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence (reviewed here).
- Put on eye treatment with Skin Food Gold Caviar Lifting Eye Serum.
- Moisturize with Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Skin Cream (this is very nourishing, perfect for night time).
- Sealed the moisturizer with Juara Radiance Vitality Oil (because oil would seal the water-based moisturizer into our skin).
- Lastly I put on some spot treatment with my trusted Sampar Prodigal Pen to fight those pesky pimples and blemishes (reviewed here).
- Lip treatment, first by scrubbing off those dead cells using Etude House Kissable Lip Smooth Care (reviewed here).
- Then moisturize it afterwards with Eos Lipbalm Sphere in Strawberry.
As you can see, if you follow Caroline Hirons you would know why I put up the skincare steps as above. I'm starting slow here because my pre-order skincare hauls that include some acids are not here yet so I haven't used an exfoliating acid yet. I also don't want to introduce my new serums and oils abruptly into the routine because I'm afraid it will aggravate my skin. So I will introduce the new products slowly into my routine. Therefore, please stay tune and subscribed to my blog if you want to see my skincare journey towards (hopefully) a beautiful skin.
For those of you who are already subscribed, muchos besos and thank you very much! :D
To see my previous skincare routines, click HERE
Hugs and Kissies,