[Skincare] Routine #0038:50:00 PM
Hi there !
I don't think that I've told you before but my Dad just recently passed away on June 30. As the last days of June passed by he too have left us into a happier place (insya ALLAH, Amien..). It came as a shock to me and my family because it was a sudden death. He was healthy and rarely got sick except for the occasional flu, but that day he fell off and had an instant head trauma injury. A very fatal one. It has been very very hard for me and my family. I cannot function properly and been sad every day, even until today I still cried a lot. I am devastated but I still try to move on with my life because I know my dad would have wanted me to. He always hate seeing me sad.. So I just know he would have wanted me to go on with my life and be happy again. Although it's very hard to do, but I try everyday... Luckily I have hubby by my side. He's been supporting me a lot through this..
Anyway, I'm trying to be active again here in the blogging world because it keeps my mind off things. Also, this is basically my freelance job so I had to be active again in order to gain capitals. I will start with sharing about my skincare routine for the past few days. I have been changing my routines every other day depending on my skin condition, but these two routines below should give you a glimpse of the products I used on my skincare routine lately :
Morning Routine :
Usually I keep it simple in the morning because most of the time I always in a hurry by morning (because I'm not a morning person, that is why!). So I usually only keep it with face wash, toner, moisturizer + sunscreen, and lipbalm. But on days that I have a little spare time or when I'm not going anywhere I could add a face mask and an exfoliating product (usually face scrubs or peeling).
1. Face Wash : Lavine Clarity Cleanser (reviewed here)
2. Exfoliate : Sukin Detoxifying Facial Scrub (reviewed here)
3. Face Mask : Japanese brand Hyaluronic + Lithospermum sheet mask (reviewed here)
4. Essence : Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence (reviewed here)
5. Moisturizer : Juara Radiance Vitality Oil (reviewed here)
6. SPF : Vitacreme B12 Day Cream Sun Protection (reviewed here)
At night I usually did a double cleansing (or triple cleansing if I must!). For me, a thorough cleansing is the key to great skin. So I always make sure that my face is cleansed before turning to bed. If I wore makeup or sunscreen that day I would definitely do a double cleanse. But if I don't wear makeup nor sunscreen that day I can skip with double cleansing and chose a deep cleansing wash instead (just to be safe).
I also applied some acids during my evening routine. Usually I alternate daily between AHA/BHA and Vitamin C. So for instance, if on Sunday I put on my AHA/BHA acids, then on Monday I put on my Vitamin C serum. But sometimes I don't put them at all when I'm being lazy (;p).
1. First Cleanse : Shu Uemura Whiteefficient Clear Brightening Cleansing Oil (reviewed here)
2. Second Cleanse : YSL Forever Youth Liberator Cleansing Foam
3. PH Adjusting Toner : Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner
4. First Acid : CosRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid (wait for half hour)
5. Second Acid : Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads (wait for half hour)
6. Re-hydrate : Lush Eau Roma Water (to wipe off the residue from my last acid). (reviewed here)
7. Face Oils : Juara Radiance Vitality Oil mixed with Hello's Night Serum (reviewed here and here)
8. Lip Care : Orlane Extreme Line Reducing Lip Care
On alternate days I changed step 4 and 5 to these :
4. OST C20 Pure Vitamin C (wait for 40 mins)
5. Sukin Facial Recovery Serum mixed with The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-in-Oil (reviewed here).
- If I wear full makeup then I would add another step which is the third cleanse with an eye makeup remover (I'm using Clinique Take The Day Off Eyes & Lip MakeUp Remover).
- I would also add a face mask, a face serum and/or a night moisturizer if my skin is dry. Currently I'm using Sukin Facial Recovery Serum and Sukin Nutrient Rich Facial Moisturizer. I'm also trying to use up my Elizabeth Arden Hydrating Mask and my Freeman's Anti-Stress Dead Sea Minerals Mask.
How about you?
What's your skincare routine?
Have a nice pampering day !