Guest Post: Boyfriend’s Closet Invasion > Get Chic and Stylish Out of His Favorite Wardrobe!10:00:00 AM
When you’re looking for ideas to freshen up your wardrobe, you might not need to look further than your boyfriend’s closet! Stay chic and stylish by picking up a few basic items and accessories from your guy’s collection. Your boyfriend’s wardrobe is probably full of some basics that will be a great match for your casual, sporty, and carefree looks – and are probably super comfortable as well!
Here are a few ideas for putting together a chic and stylish look using key pieces from his wardrobe:
- Fitted tee shirts. Round-neck tee shirts are a closet staple for most guys and while they might be slightly big on you, you can wear them by tucking them in and folding the sleeves back. Pick up your favorite game day tee shirt or tee with a designer logo for that sporty look.
- Lightweight jackets. A light leather jacket or a sports jacket can help you complete your look for casual days and add a touch of masculinity to your look. Wear these as an accessory piece to create a more pulled-together and polished appearance.
Photo Credit: Grace J.
- Fedora hats. A fedora hat can be a great accessory for a night out or when you want to create a fun and playful look. Wear a fedora hat with an all-black outfit or other chic and stylish ensemble for a fresh new take on the classics.
Photo Credit: Fab Hot Wild
- Baseball caps. Another hat that never goes out of style, baseball caps are great for days when you’re just running errands or want to create a sportier look. Pick out a sports team hat or any of his other favorite hats to show off his sense of style that also complements yours.
- Long-sleeve tees. If you’re looking for some comfy cold-weather clothing, raid your boyfriend’s closet for some long-sleeve tees or thermal tees. Long-sleeve tee shirts in bright and bold colors can freshen up your look and also provide plenty of comfort on casual days.
- Button-down shirts. A crisp, pressed, button-down shirt will help to create a more formal look but you can dress it down by wearing it with jeans, capris, or just hanging loose with a camisole or tank top underneath. If you’re working with an oversized shirt, consider wearing it with a skinny belt that will accentuate your waist. You could also pull it tight and tie a knot at the ends to make it fit you just right.
- V-neck t-shirt. If you like v-neck tees but don’t want to expose too much of your neckline, go with your guy’s v-neck which is probably cut a little higher up above the chest. Men’s v-necks usually only reveal the collarbone area but can still be fairly form-fitting. A solid black or white fitted v-neck makes for a great closet staple and is perfect for layering.
Photo Credit: http://wearabout.wordpress.com/
- Jeans. While boot cut, skinny jeans, and stretch jeans are great for accentuating your curves, some days you just want a more relaxed look. Pick up your boyfriend’s jeans so you can be super comfortable but still pull off a stylish look. Wear them with a cute and fitted feminine top and some comfy flats and you’ll be good to go.
Aileen Pablo is part of the team behind Open Colleges, one of Australia’s leading providers of TAFE Courses equivalent and Beauty therapy Courses. When not working, Aileen blogs about beauty and is often invited as a speaker in Personality Development Seminars in the Philippines.